Sunday, October 23, 2005

Hey, I Forgot!

I have a fantasy blog! My football team isn't going so well. It's OK, given that I don't have any breakout players, but I've endured an ACL tear by my #1 wideout, a craptastic sophomore season by my #2 running back, and the first disastrous season by the Pats' defense in five years. Given that, 3-3 is about right. But I need the Injury Gods to strike down more of my competition if I want to survive.

My current roster looks something like this:

QB Brady
RB McGahee
RB K. Jones
WR A. Boldin
WR P. Burress
WR D. Mason
TE T. Heap
K S. Graham
DEF Jacksonville

BN QB E. Manning
BN RB S. Davis
BN WR M. Williams
BN DEF Tennessee

I'm dropping Tennessee in favor of another RB or WR after this week; they're merely a bye-week replacement. Having Stephen Davis as my only injury replacement makes me uncomfortable.

It hurt me to cut New England's defense, but as Coach Belichick would say, this is a business. They haven't forced a turnover in weeks, and couldn't stop a pebble from rolling UP a mountain. Given that Brady and the passing game are the only real bright spot, it's tough to put much stock in the rest of the team right now. If this ends up being a patchwork transition year, like the Red Sox' season turned out to be, that's fine. That doesn't mean I have to endure their statistics, however...

Basketball draft on Tuesday. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home